Thursday, February 7, 2008

BRIDES OF BLOOD - Romero/de Leon - "Tribal Love Sacrifice" (1968)

Okay! This is my favorite title card yet, and it's a good thing, because here's what happened! It's Unbelievable!! I send Tabonga out to get us some Filipino food cause I'm hungry and I'm needing some adobo, some garlic chicken and some balamiki real bad, and he brings back this movie about women being sacrificed to a monster in the Philippines. I'm thinking we've got some kind of commuication breakdown here! I might have to club him with one of his own branches soon! Well, at least, it was a pretty cool movie and this is a four minute synopsis jam of the whole film. Killer directors Gerardo de Leon and Eddie Romero didn't find a need to let us know who composed the music, so you're on your own for this one! If someone asks, tell 'em Tabonga did it! 
 
They're already starting to get weird and the movie just started! 
 
This movie has it all!! You get some extra classic screaming from Beverly Powers as Beverly Hills! 
 
"What's going on? I don't know and I don't know if I want to!" 
 
Aaaaahhhdooooooboeeeeee!!!!!!!!! 
 
The monster is pretty dang ugly, and kinda stupid looking but he runs real fast at the camera and it's really pretty amazing that they have to tie up some girl for him, seems like he could catch one on his own pretty easy! 
 
Great lighting throughout this film! Get 'em John!! 
 
So John did a pretty good job of disposing of that big monster, and he gets his big reward right about here... 
 
and here!!!!! 
 
I do believe he looks like it was all worth it!! So here you go........"Brides Of Blood" Go get some!!

3 comments:

Greg Goodsell said...

This was something to see when this was shown unedited on Channel 13 in L.A. back in the Seventies. For some reason, the film -- maybe I have it confused with another Blood Island movie, featured a stark nekkid island girl running through the credits. When you're in lovely downtown Bakersfield and have a hankering for some Phillipino cuisine, do go to Raelene's on Brundage Lane! MMMMmmmm -- good!

zillagord said...

Hey guys! I just saw this last night LIVE in a theatre, it was the movie riffed on by Cinematic Titanic (Mystery Science Theatre crew's new project). Of course, searching the net for more info, I was directed here. Can't wait for new stuff from you guys!

Peace,
Zilla

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Cool info Zilla, and thanx for the reminder, I put the link back! Give us a week or two more and we'll be rockin' again!!!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??